In order to use DAJ, you need to acquire and install the follwing software on your machine.
Once you have the above software properly installed you can then install DAJ.
Using the DAJ Installer
We are in the process of adding a platform independent installer for DAJ. The installer is bundled with DAJ documentation and examples. To use the installer you need to have Java installed on your machine.
- Download the DAJ Installer.
To start the installer go to the command line and type
java -jar daj-installer.jar
- Follow the installation procedure presented by the DAJ Installer.
DAJ is currently in the research prototype phase. This means (among other things):
- There are plenty of bugs and limitations that may not be fixed right away.
- Many non-backwards-compatible changes will be made.
- The user interface is not that great.
- The documentation is skimpy.
Of course, since DAJ is an open source project, you are encouraged to contribute your own patches and documentation.